*All prices are in Canadian funds.
BR GFRC Blended Mix 50 Lb Bag (GFRC050) (801282)
Buddy Rhodes GFRC products allow artisans to create strong and lightweight concrete objects. Great for use with concrete countertops, concrete furniture, concrete fireplace surrounds, architectural concrete elements, and concrete art. Gaining flexural strength from glass fibers, GFRC is capable of being made in much thinner sections than traditionally cast concrete, while having improved flexural strength. GFRC can be sprayed into the molds, forcing out the air and producing a dense and tight finish. GFRC can also be directly cast into molds in certain applications. Size: 50 Lb Bag
The GFRC Blended Mix is a carefully proportioned blend of cement, sand, pozzolans, curing polymer and performance additives designed to the highest performance standards. This mix can be used in a multitude of ways serving as a base mix for infinite applications. The mix is ideal for spraying, fiber reinforced scc (self-compacting/consolidating concrete), and with minimal modifications can be pressed, troweled, or converted into a high performance wet cast mix or terrazzo mix. When reinforced with fiber this mix can be created with minimal thickness and high tensile strengths.
This mix reaches impressive strengths in under 24 hours, allowing for rapid turn around when necessary. The mix uses all white ingredients naturally curing to a bone white. The mix can be pigmented to any color using the BR Color Series, Custom Color, or with our Pure Pigments.
The mix has all of the necessary high performance ingredients preblended, including curing polymer, such that only water and necessary reinforcement need to be added. The workability of the mix can be changed with the addition of our series of water reducers. Primary reinforcement can be achieved using our series of reinforcing fibers.
- Separate +/- 30% of dry mix and set aside
- Add water and 50% of the water reducer to 70% of your dry ingredients and mix until fully blended.
- When using acrylic fiber - - Mix fibers with 20% of the mix to create an acrylic fiber slurry.
- After initial blending, add acrylic fiber slurry and any pigments you are using, blend until homogeneous.
- Slowly add the remaining dry ingredients and water reducer into the mix. Blend until homogeneous.
- For GFRC Backer Mixes - - Slowly add the AR Glass Fiber, blend until homogeneous. Temper with Water Reducer as needed for desired consistency.
- Overmixing of the glass fiber can cause the fiber to break down. Do not mix glass fiber longer than 2 minutes. It is best to mix only as long as necessary for the fiber bundles to disperse through the mix.
- Coverage: One bag covers +/- 5 sq. ft. at 1" thick. One bag produces +/- 30 sq. ft. of mist/face coat when sprayed.
- Cement Content: 26 Lb
AquaCon Concrete Release
Buddy Rhodes Products Manual