*All prices are in Canadian funds.
3030 Slide Platinum Silicone Pint Kit 2Lbs (800517)
3030 SLIDE® is a platinum cure silicone rubber that offers greatly reduced surface tension. Cured silicone slides across itself and different surfaces. Mix ratio is 1:1 by weight or volume. Pot life is 45 minutes and cures in about 16 hours to Shore 00-30. Silicone surface must be exposed to air for 24 hours to bring out slide effect. Cured rubber is very soft, very strong and very "stretchy", stretching many times its original size without tearing and will rebound to its original form without distortion. 3030 SLIDE® is water white translucent. Silicone will yellow. If yellowing is undesired, adding a Silc Pig pigment to the liquid rubber prior to mixing will color the silicone. You can also add Smooth-On's Silicone Thinner® to further lower the viscosity. Due to its ultra-low surface tension, 3030 SLIDE® is ideal for creating silicone masks, etc. The surface of 3030 SLIDE® is very low friction, allowing for ease of motion when cast silicone pieces need to glide over surfaces such as skin.
Warning Allergen; people who are allergic to durian, tree nuts and tree nut derivatives or musk thistle seed should avoid contact with this product. Size: Pint Kit 2Lbs
Working with 3030 Slide
- Allergen -- The 3030 SLIDE additive causes an allergic reaction in anyone allergic to durian, nuts, nut derivatives or musk thistle seed. People allergic to these substances should not use the liquid product.
- Bonding to other silicones -- Once 3030 SLIDE has developed its ultra-low surface tension properties, other platinum silicones (Psycho Paint, Dragon Skin, Ecoflex, etc.) will not bond to a cured piece. In order to bond another silicone to a 3030 SLIDE casting (painting with Psycho Paint, for example) the new silicone must be applied before the 3030 SLIDE develops it's low-friction surface".
- Adhesive -- Silicone with the 3030 SLIDE additive is adhesive. If you use 3030 SLIDE as a mold material, applying Ease Release 200 is necessary if casting urethane resins or other materials.
- Silicone Yellows -- The 3030 SLIDE additive causes the silicone to yellow quickly. This is easily masked by adding Silc Pig color pigment.
- Expose to Air -- The SLIDE effect must be given a chance to bloom by exposing to air, and will only work within a narrow time window. If not exposed to air within 24 hours after curing, the 3030 SLIDE effect will not develop.