*All prices are in Canadian funds.
Tarbender 5 Gallon Kit 56.5# (799856)
Tarbender® is a UV resistant clear liquid epoxy that can be poured over a variety of surfaces to provide a strong impact resistant, high gloss coating. Mix ratio is 2A:1B pbv, pot life is 45 minutes at room temperature with an overnight cure. Tarbender® is an excellent wood bar top coating and can also be poured over plaster, concrete, foam, fabrics, etc. You can use Tarbender® to encapsulate 3-D objects or coat flat objects, paper and more. Two to three layers are recommended with four hours between layers. Maximum casting thickness is 1/4" (0.635cm). Size: Five Gallon Kit 56.5Lb
What advantages does Tarbender® offer?
- Low viscosity for minimal bubble entrapment
- Wets out easily over a variety of surfaces
- UV Resistance -- most clear bar top epoxies are not UV resistant
- Not moisture sensitive -- unlike urethanes moisture sensitivity is not an issue
- Scratches and other damage to the cured epoxy are easy to repair
For best results using Tarbender®:
- Do not apply Tarbender® over surfaces which have been sealed with an oil-based stain, as delamination may result. Surfaces sealed with water-based stains are compatible.
- After mixing Parts A+B in a mixing container, pour mixture into a shallow pan to reduce mass concentration and extend pot life.
- The concentrated mass of material in a mixing container will cure quickly.
- DO NOT VACUUM -- after mixing parts A+B, do not vacuum. Vacuuming this material introduces excessive amounts of air that will end up in the cured material. Any residual bubbles that remain after pouring are easily dissipated by passing a propane torch over the surface.
- Eliminating Air Bubbles -- After mixing and pouring Tarbender®, residual bubbles are eliminated by passing a propane torch lightly over the surface. If you are coating a wood surface, do not walk away. Bubbles may continue to rise from a wooden surface requiring diligent passing of a torch over the surface several times.